The best strategies of monetizing a travel blog


Do you want to earn money from your blog from the first month?


If you have come to this website, looking for ways to monetize a travel blog, I am assuming that you already have a blog where you post your travelling adventures, you can side by start a food blog too...


This post will help you guys in making a substantial amount of money from your blog.




Some of you might already be making some amount of money from their blogs. If you are one of those, these strategies will help you increase your earnings, to the point that they become more than your day job. That is the time when you can become a full time travel blogger.


Making money from travel blogs is possible but is not as easy as some blogging gurus may say. I had to put in a lot of time, effort and money in creating a travel blog that could earn money on its own.




My own products and eBooks



I am an avid traveller. I have travelled to over 30 destinations in past 8 years. I have been blogging about them on my own blog have a lot of free material available. But I needed cash to survive and grow my blog, therefore, one day, I decided to create an eBook that taught people how to save cash while travelling and still have an amazing experience. I then made that book available on my blog for $4.95 per copy. I promoted the eBook to my social followers and my email list. I was surprised that over 20 people bought the eBook on the first day. Yes! On the very first day, I made $99 from my blog.


Today, I have over 10 eBooks and 2 full fledged courses on my blog and am earning pretty decently. The earnings are much higher than I made as a writer for a local newspaper.


Affiliate Marketing



Affiliate marketing is similar to promoting your own products, the only thing is that, other people make money and you get a commission from the profits. This is a good strategy for people who don’t have the time or material to create their own books and courses.


Some of the best affiliate programs in the travel industry are:-


  • Booking.com affiliate program
  • Commission Junction
  • Traghettiline


Sponsored Articles



Because of my thriving email list, I get approached by several brands in the travel industry for sponsored articles. They send me their products to review and ask me to write my opinion of the product on my blog. They pay me a good amount of money for each sponsored article. I roughly charge $300-$500 for a sponsored article and often times I get to keep the product for my own use. This is a win-win situation for a travel blogger.


Comments